The Halloween home tour is here! Ok, I have a serious question here. When you decorate your house for Fall, do you just go ahead and decorate for Halloween? Or is there a few-week lull before the Halloween decorations roll out? I first decorated for Fall this year, then a few weeks later pulled out the spooky stuff and I’ve got to say: next year I’m doing it all at once! I guess that means I should probably wait to decorate for Fall until you know… Fall. 🙂
Without further ado, our Halloween home.
A couple of things:
- My new dining room light from Rejuvenation is up and installed! And is home to a huge spider. I took advantage of Rejuvenation’s big Labor Day sale and bit the bullet. It’s pricey, but that’s because it’s the size of a small city. I’ll talk more about this light in another post (and when it’s spider-less).
- The big white ghosts are from Home Goods! I bought these cheap remote control LED lights to go inside them, so right after dinner, I pop outside and turn them on. I love how they look next to the tall planters.
- I found the plastic bats at Target last year during the post-Halloween sale and they are my favorite. I did the same thing last year across our door, and it’s just a fun, dimensional way to add some spook.
- My poor porch mums are so thirsty (the ones on the right bottom steps). It’s a sunny spot there, and I’m behind on the watering. I promise they got a great big drink this afternoon—the cooler weather should help too. I hate seeing the plants like that!
- The Happy Halloween banner and paper fans are from Home Goods! The black/white plaid pillows are from Hobby Lobby.
Next comes the fun part! This post is part of a big Halloween blog hop tour, hosted by the lovely Gretchen of Boxy Colonial. Please check out her Halloween tour if you have the chance, which boasts the best scary composer theme ever. Gotta love the creativity of both her and the blogs listed below!